Why the Fluval 407 Canister Filter is the perfect addition for your aquarium!
If you’re an aquarium owner, you surely feel the pain of trying to clean your aquarium water and doing this day in and out. If only you could have a spotless tank and simply enjoy your aquarium in all it’s glory without having to worry about keeping it clean. Well, thankfully for you, filters exist for this very reason. Also, there’s nothing quite as good and efficient as a canister filter to help your tank stay much cleaner for much longer.
Fluval 407 Canister Filter Features:
There are many amazing features of this canister filter, which make it one of the best in the market. + It has an extremely powerful motor which generates a constant pump with power and pressure which will endure over an extended period of time
- The pump has been re-engineered to have 25% less noise than the previous model
- It is so energy-efficient that it uses only as much energy as an LED light bulb
- It has a redesigned primer which has a larger handle which is easy to grip and can provide easy and fast start-up
- It has a pre-filter cartridge which is vertical and can provide an independent access which gives bigger surface area and also better mechanical filtration
- The Fluval eTEC displays innovative design with the best materials and manufacturing backing it. + This provides a powerful pump with visibly reduced energy consumption and also a quiet operation.
- The filter also has a large rubber feet stabilizers which can offer a much better dampening of vibrations and gives more protection
- The Aqua Stop valves have a raised lip which gives a smooth operation
- The Lift-Lock also gives a smooth system of release and attachment
- With the use of just one finger, EZ-Lift media baskets make the media stack easily removable.
What’s in the Fluval 407 Canister Filter Box:
- Media basket cover
- Intake strainer
- Ribbed hosing
- Output nozzle
- Rim connectors
- Intake tube
- Suction cup (30 mm)
- Intake Stem with intake strainer
- Pre-Filter basket
- 70g carbon
- Media basket
- Bio-Foam Max
- Aqua Stop valve 2 rubber hose connectors
- Media basket handle
Fluval 407 Canister Filter FAQs:
Here are some most commonly asked questions on the Fluval 407 Canister Filter that are asked by fish keepers who have purchased the Fluval 407 and those interested in buying the Fluval 407.
Why is the canister filter giving off bursts of air bubbles on my tank?
For freshwater, it is essential to carry out regular maintenance to prevent the media from compacting because this results in air accumulation. You also have to make sure the inlet rubber hose connector attached to the siphon tube has not become hard, which would need replacement.
For saltwater, it is possible that the filter has taken the air bubbles in through protein skimmers introduced to the tank. You have to ensure a bubble trap at the output of the skimmer to prevent such a thing.
What should be done to prevent the smaller and baby fishes from being pulled into the filter?
To prevent this, you should make an incision in the middle of the coarse, and then open the cell foam filter block and the siphon tube strainer inserted into it. This should be rinsed about every 2 weeks.
Why did I find a fish stuck inside the intake of the filter? Does this mean the flow is too strong?
Don’t be concerned with the filter being too powerful for any healthy fish. Fishes in the natural world actually swim in much stronger currents. Thus, if a fish got stuck in the intake, this is likely because the fish could have been sick already. Just keep in mind to adapt the strength of the filter to suit a specific fish species.
How can I remove the surface film off the aquarium water?
Surface film usually occurs due to smoke from cooking, accumulation of dust, skin oils and also fish food that contain fat. Thus, a surface skimmer can be attached to the inlet of the filter to remedy this problem.
The canister is not restarting after cleaning it. Why?
You should check the impeller and its shaft and make sure they are not damaged and needs replacement. It could also be dirty and need cleaning. Check that the impeller cover has been attached correctly.
Why is there a decreased performance on the canister filter?
Possibly there could be an increased load on the filter. This usually happens when there is increase growth of fishes, introduction of new fishes, or there is increased waste production. Also check if the filter media is clogged which would need replacement.
Final Thoughts on the Fluval 407 Canister Filter...
While looking for the best canister filter that suits your aquarium needs, there are many options available now. The Fluval 407 canister filter is created by one of the largest and most trusted brands in the fish keeping hobby and trusted by years of experience with filter technology. The Fluval 407 contains the eTEC system that ensures more power, energy efficiency, quietness and easy maintenance. It makes an ideal choice and will provide the easy and smooth experience that you have been looking for.