Freshwater Fish Disease & Treatment
A forum for discussing treatment and diagnosing freshwater aquarium fish.

What are your thoughts? Post it today!

Help! Fish has swim bladder

My fish is swimming facing up I have isolated him in warm water with a bit of salt and given him peas but will not eat peas what can I do to cure his swim bladder??? Please help!!!!!

2 137

What are your thoughts? Sign Up or Log In

TFAdmin - 1 point - 3 months ago
What kind of fish is it?

Raising water temperature, depending on the fish, to around 80-ish will help speed up metabolism... Adding the aquarium salt was a good choice and now you wait...

Feeding peas is recommended but not right away, if you have quarntined your fish, you may want to try API General Cure...

https://amzn.to/2Dx4dY8

Along with aquarium salt and higher tank temperature, you have a chance of curing your fish...

Good luck!
Caguioa747 - 1 point - 1 month ago
You can try feeding her some (frozen) daphnia or artemia.
Have a tropical fish question?

Join our tropical fish community, post some questions, get some answers and vote for the best posts.

Submit a new post or link!
Latest Posts
© 2018 Amazon.Test. Amazon.Test is a participant in the Amazon Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided "As Is" and is subject to change or removal at any time.